SPI 254: Lessons Learned While Testing and Launching My First Online Course
Next week is the official launch of Smart from Scratch, my very first online course, and I couldn’t be more excited. It also feels like the perfect time to look back on my previous launch experiences and explore what I’ve learned about creating, testing, launching, and maintaining a product.
Before Smart from Scratch, there was Breakthrough Blogging, my first membership site. I eventually ended that project after realizing the crucial things I’d overlooked when designing and launching it. Those mistakes, however, helped me fine-tune future launches and gave me a deeper understanding of how best to serve this audience.
In this episode, I want to share what I fixed about my launching strategy. You’ll hear what I’ve learned about validating product ideas, pricing a course, building community, and creating a product I can stand behind.
You all have taught me so much about crafting the best resources possible. I’m thrilled to share Smart from Scratch with you next week!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Until next time!
Download the Transcript
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Download the MP3 Audio File
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- What one of my early launches taught me about negative feedback.
- How your investment in a course directly relates to the value you’ll get from it.
- Why I tested my online course with a founding (beta) group before launching it publicly.
- How I worked with my founding students, and how they helped improve the course.
- How I handled shutting down a project that wasn’t working out.
- Obstacles of maintaing a membership site.
- A preview of what’s inside Smart from Scratch.
- A surprise visit from Noah Kagan, and more!
Enter SMART30 for 30% off new domain purchases!
Check out Noah’s podcast where he asks questions of fascinating people.
February 22, 2017 at 11:00AM
Posted on 02/22/2017, in Side Hustles and tagged #endLGBTIpoverty, Income, Listen, Podcast, Work from Home, Work Opps. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on SPI 254: Lessons Learned While Testing and Launching My First Online Course.